Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Group presentations


I really have had a blast these past few days watching and performing in these presentations. I always have a blast in this class, but these past few days it has been nice to see what our peers can produce. It was curious however to see, and to contribute, that each has used significant amount of comedy and humor to get their point across. Why is this i wonder? are we all that insecure that we need to hide behind this mask of humor? its not really a bad thing i suppose, but what about drama? is that too venerable a means to express an idea? I'm not saying that anyone who has done this has in anyway done anything wrong. i myself used humor because it was easy and yes because it is a comfortable zone in which to operate. I am just curious, maybe Freud could come up with a psycho-analytical response. Maybe the class setting is just not the place for melancholy drama for group presentations. or maybe thats what its lacking.

No comments: