Tuesday, December 9, 2008

lending books

- Following up on my last post. The other day i realized: i have no books. I did at one time have dozens, lots of them collecting dust, each one read, at least once. More importantly each one quite dear to me. All of them have been lent out to friends and so forth. And i'm quite happy that i've lent them, because i feel that i want everyone to read them. BUT, and i can't say this for sure because i don't really know the fate of most of my books, but, i never get any of them back. Which is ok if they are in continuous circulation -then i'm all the more happy- but if they are ruined, rotting, or just neglected then i'm quite hurt. I realize this on a deeper level than just the common courtesy. Instead i am hurt because each of these books represents a significant part of me, of who i am. each has shaped me and has contributed to my being. So if any of them have had poor treatment it as if parts of me, my being have been treated thusly.

No comments: